Five things you must know about loan applications!
Brokers can help connect you to the lender's best fit to serve your mortgage needs by shopping around on your behalf.
In order to decide whether or not to provide you with a loan, lenders will generally assess you against five qualities.
1. Your ability to repay the loan. To establish your capacity the lender will look at your employment history and salary to evaluate whether you have enough cash coming in reliably to pay the loan over time.
2. How much cash you have upfront. Assessing your ability to put down a percentage of the value of the property being purchased upfront is standard. The percentages vary though, and specialist lenders may approve a five percent deposit.
3. The property appraisal price. Since the property is used as collateral if you are unable to repay the loan, the lender will value the property. Based on the report, the lender will decide whether the property is worth the loan being approved.
4. Your financial history. Your credit rating, expenses, and debts will help the lender assess your character as a borrower and whether you are worth the risk.
5. Market conditions. Economic circumstances in the market can influence what interest rate you have access to and whether you need to provide extra security. They can also influence the repayment schedule.
The Finance Broker Advantage
While loan officers work solely for a lending institution and can only offer that institution product, a Finance Broker is able to shop around for you.
Brokers are paid commissions by lenders to match borrowers to the right products and can negotiate the lowest rate on your behalf, which is why half of the borrowers today turn to finance brokers when it comes to finding a loan.
Do you need to discuss your options? Call Peter from Peak Capital on 0401132581